The Midwest Federation stocks items for sale to members and clubs. Orders on consignment will be made to MWF State Directors and their Assistants. Orders from clubs and individuals must include payment.
Make checks payable to the Midwest Federation, and please include the postage and handling charges. If you want to verify the price and whether the material is currently in stock Send order and check (payable to Midwest Federation) to Andrea Morehead, 22276 138th Ave N, Rogers, MN 55374; 763-360-1437 firstname.lastname@example.org
Displays: Exhibiting & judging
1. AFMS Guidelines for Exhibitors $2.00 + $1.00 S&H This guide assists all levels of exhibitors on putting together a display. Learn how to plan a display: select a case, lighting and add the most pizzazz. Detailed information covers selection and placement of specimens, balance, mounts and labels. It covers the basics of the Uniform Rules.
2. AFMS New Guidelines for Judges $2.00 + $2.65 S&H This booklet will help judge's score and evaluate competitive displays. It gives insight into being a judge and using fair evaluation without discouraging the exhibitor.
3. AFMS Uniform Rules $10.00 +$4.25 S&H The official rules for competitive displays .
4. AFMS Mineral Classification List $2.00 + $1.00 S&H Preferred mineral classification list for use in displays.
5. AFMS Approved Reference List of Lapidary Material Names (Gem list) $2.00 + $1.00 S&H Authorized list of the approved names of lapidary & gems for use in displays.
6. AFMS Approved Reference List of Classifications and Common Names for Fossils $2.00 + $1.00 S&H Approved fossil names and classifications for use in displays.
1. AFMS Editors Guidelines $3.00 + $2.00 S&H Learn the benefits of publishing a bulletin, how to make it look great, what to print, editing, events, officers messages, mailing lists, advertising and much more. Learn the advantage of exchanging bulletins with other editors. An additional flyer " Copyright law, Fact or Fiction" is included.
2. So You Think You Know All the Answers $3.00 + $2.00 S&H Pages of puzzles & quizzes you may use to add fun to your newsletter.
1. Club Leadership Manual NEW!! $3.00 + $2.00 S&H This booklet gives suggestions about organizing a successufl club. A club's membership is its biggest asset. The manual includes officers, IRS requirements and having insurance and much more.
2. Junior Handbook NEW!! $4.00 + $2.00 S&H A Club without juniors is not going to continue. This booklet contains Junior Activites, material for your newsletter or shows, tips on getting started and much more. Very good!
Club Field Trips
1. AFMS Safety Manual $2.00+ $1.00 S&H Written by a MD, this booklet tells how to avoid problems and handle them when they happen. It contains information about field trip, camping, and lapidary planning and safety. It describes basic first aid and how to avoid dangerous critters and plants such as rattle snakes and poison ivy. Every field trip should have this booklet along. Every rockhound family should have a copy.
1. MWF Operating Procedures Manual $3.00 + $3.75 S&H An overview of the MWF by looking at its officers and committees. This is useful for the MWF officers or committee members as it describes what they and their committee need to do and how to make it happen. The manual also gives individual clubs an idea of what the MWF has to offer them. If the club wants to try new programs (micromounting, field trips etc) or needs advice about insurance; the MWF is an excellent resource.
2. MWF Official (current year) Directory $4.00 + $3.00 S&H (Max $6.00 S&H, 3 or more directories) The Directory includes lists of MWF personnel (Officers, Committees, State Directors and Assistants, etc.), a guide to member clubs (officers, bulletin, meeting time and place), a calendar of shows and other events, the current list of program aids, the latest version of the by-laws, and other references and resources. One free copy is sent to each club. Every rockhound family should own a personal copy.